Tough days are there and it is up to us to keep moving with our heads out of the water. Although the order of these days around the world is, stay safe at home. Many of us are tempted to lie on the couch watching our favourite movies and series, but we should also use some of that time to stay productive and active, because despite this crisis, and even though it’s hard to see light at the end of the tunnel, one new beginning is out there waiting for each one of us, so let’s be positive and hopeful.
So today we bring you five suggestions to help you get through these days:
- Books are the best way to keep your brain active while learning something new. The books chosen are not only about watches but also about men’s fashion and photography, all the suggestion bellow are easy to read, illustrated by incredible photos, with great content and with many interesting historical facts, our suggestions:
– Fifty Watches That Changed the World, Design Museum.
– The Book of Rolex, Jens Hoy & Christian Frost, ACC ART Books.
– Gentleman: A Timeless Guide to Fashion, Bernhard Roetzel, H.F.Ullmann.
– Digital Photography Complete Course: Learn Everything You Need to Know in 20 Weeks, David Taylor, DK.
- Lego Lego because they are not just for children and require us to use logic, in addition to allowing you to have fun with the little ones, or just alone, here what really matters is to enjoy the moment. We will not make any suggestions because there are so many options out there, but what we can do is point out our favourites, so come on, the “Speed Champions” theme, is our winner, they have such good racing cars, including classic models, in the “Creator Expert” theme the new Fiat 500 set, catches our attention , on the “Technic” theme the cool set of Land Rover Defender and on the last the “Architecture” theme with the sets of London and San Francisco.
- Plan your next vacation… come on, guys, it won’t last forever. The thrill of knowing a new country, talking to locals, learning about the history of a foreign land, taking pictures and capturing the light, is something incredible that you can only experience. So let’s get our hands dirty, start buying a book guide, and there are so many with a different price range, or if you prefer to make yourself a personalized guide, nowadays everything is just a click away, second, take your camera out of the closet, digital or analogue, smartphone or camera, it doesn’t matter, what really matters is to register the spot, third, prepare a light backpack or box with the essentials, and four, just go and enjoy every second.
- Podcasts, it is something that can take some time getting used to, but as it happens most of the time with the unknown, we can easily become fans, the key here is to choose the right one, and it is a trend that is here to stay and it’s growing up. We suggest three podcasts not only about watches but also about life stories, photography, travels, cars, outdoor activities… our suggestions:
– Hodinkee Radio, host by Stephen Pulvirent.
– The Grey Nato, host by James Stacey and Jason Heaton.
– Tenn & Two, host by Kat and Katlen.
- YouTube, here are some of our favourite channels and a little insight into each one:
It’s a fun channel about a guy who loves watches and with hilarious “Hugo” appearances.
The most incredible analysis of watches.
A Brit who loves talking about watches and drinking coffee.
– Mr Porter.
A lifestyle channel, with great content and interesting people.
Notable reviews of classic cars, with inspiring stories.